Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Back on Track Again

I have grown into someone I never thought I would be.  I like things to be ordered and predictable.  I don't like surprises and am no longer very spontaneous.  When I make up my mind to do something and then mess it up or can't follow through on it, I get frustrated with myself.  I'm a whole heap of fun, aren't I?

This Lent, partly because I have not felt well, and partly because I am incredibly busy with my boys' activities, I have had a rough time sticking to the fast.  I mean, I had a chicken sandwich at Chik-Fil-A the other night!  I could have had their carrot-raisin slaw - size large - but that just didn't sound good after a 9-hour fast. 

Well, as of today, I have gotten back on track and, with God's help, I am determined to stay there.  Check out the recipe for tonight's dinner - Linguine with White Clam and Broccoli Sauce.  (Right column of my Blog)It was surprisingly delicious!  Lunch was wonderful - ate at Sunflower Vegetarian restaurant with a good friend and had their Curry Supreme.  Breakfast was steel cut oats and a banana. 

Got some good news today - all blood work was normal, except for a low white blood cell count (has been that way since I finished chemotherapy almost 9 years ago, so it's no big deal).   Here's hoping the good ol' doctors can keep the "good news" trend going!

Well, that's all for tonight.  Tomorrow I will introduce you to a wonderful friend who has perfected Vegan cooking and baking!  I really look forward to utilizing her wisdom in this area and know that you will be inspired by her as well.  Until then, happy and healthy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment