Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Super Fast And Delicious Too!

I don't know if it is the half cup of vermouth or the caper/lemon sauce, but, except in Spanakopita, we have never had spinach as delicious as the one that accompanies this Scallop Piccata recipe.  Served on top of whole grain angel hair pasta, the scallops themselves are infused with the same delightful sauce, making this meal a real taste treat.  (See photo in the right column, which includes information on how you, too, can make this delightful meal for your family.  As an added bonus, it took only 20 minutes to put it all together.).

Until Holy Week - the week of April 18th to the 23rd - we eat seafood once or twice a week. On the other five or six days of the week, we enjoy a bevy of vegetarian dishes from sources that span the globe.  All the meals we eat are light, yet are rich in protein, and high in antioxidants and Omega-3's.   This is probably when we eat our healthiest meals.  And sharing them with you is something I have really been looking forward to. 

I have shared with you some of the spiritual aspects of this Lenten journey in previous posts.  But whether any of that resonates with you or not, it is almost Springtime.  The days are going to get longer and the weather warmer (it's the perfect time to start taking those long healthful walks), and it's the ideal time to make some positive changes in your life - diet-wise.  I will try to post photos and links to every meal I prepare and will let you know if they are worth trying.  There are 4 of us in my family who will be sampling most of the dishes I make and I will give you the "consensus" on each one of them.  I will also share with you what I eat when I eat out.  The High School baseball season begins this weekend for my youngest son and that poses some challenges when it comes to sticking to the fast.  I must confess, though, that I really love a good challenge.  I look forward to sharing this journey with you step by step, day by day.

Until next time, happy and healthy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment