Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I Triple Dog Dare You To Try This Recipe!

Marianne (you know who you are), you inspired me to throw out the triple dog dare for this!  In e-mails, on my Facebook wall, and in the comments section of this Blog, I have been hearing a common refrain:  "I can handle trying the other 3 "yucky" foods you challenged us to eat, but not Tofu!"  Most of you have complained about the texture of it, which if prepared properly, should not be a problem.  Now, I don't believe in coincidences and so when I just happened to receive this recipe today in an e-mail, I knew it was kismet.  It is easy, incorporates chocolate - one of my all-time favorite foods -  and is healthy, too.  So, I triple dog dare you all to try this simple recipe.  I will make it tomorrow, since today is my son's 18th birthday and we're having cake.  : ) 

Plus, because we are going to celebrate my son's birthday in style (Nora's Lebanese restaurant - yum!), I am keeping today's Blog post short and simple: 

Chocolate Tofu Pudding
Directions
Makes 4 half-cup servings
1 pound soft silken tofu (16 ounces)
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3-1/2 cup maple syrup (to taste)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Place all ingredients in a blender and process until completely smooth. Spoon into small bowls and chill well before serving.
Nutrition Information
Per 1/2-cup serving:
calories: 150; fat: 3.5 g; saturated fat: 0.7 g; calories from fat: 21%; cholesterol: 0 mg; protein: 8.4 g; carbohydrates: 22.3 g; sugar: 17.5 g; fiber: 1 g; sodium: 191 mg; calcium: 58 mg; iron: 1.9 mg; vitamin C: 0 mg; beta-carotene: 0 mcg; vitamin E: 0.2 mg
Recipe from Jennifer Raymond, found in Patricia Bertron’s book, Healthy Eating for Life to Prevent and Treat Diabetes

Happy and healthy eating to you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment