Monday, February 7, 2011

Hello! Is There Anybody Out There?

I was just about to start writing about the importance of antioxidants in our diet when something hit me:  it's a dry topic - something I think is important, but dry nonetheless.  I don't want to be dry.  And I don't want to be boring.  I have a passion for healthy eating.  And my goal is to pass that passion on to you.  But, in sharing a passion, how "technical" should I get?  I imagine little "z's" over your heads and cringe.  So I realized that what I need before moving on is feedback. 

Changing the way you eat begins with a change of mind.  For my friends out there who will begin to fast during Lent, I plan to cover some of the wisdom I gleaned from the 3rd century aestetics whose writings changed my life.  Would this be beneficial to you? 

What can I do to make this site more meaningful for you?  Would you like more open-ended Blogs? - where I set up a topic and get feedback from you before giving you "the skinny" on it?  If you like things just the way they are, are getting something out of what I am sharing, but just don't have much to add, I'd love to know that, too. 

I know that it is hard to leave comments on this Blog - I've been told that you need to type in your name or choose "Anonymous" after you "comment", hit enter, then hit "send comment" again and wait....If you hit "refresh" because it takes too long, your message is lost forever....You can write on my Facebook wall under the post if it's easier or send me a message.  I'm easy.  Thanks so much!  And many thanks to those who have encouraged me to keep writing.  You know who you are and I dedicate my Blog to you..... : ) 

3 comments:

  1. Stacy, I think that you have done an excellent job with your blog! I think it is interesting, informative, and easy to read and I am enjoying it just the way it is. I would, however, continue to read it even if you changed your format :) Thank you for sharing your wealth of information!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carole, I so appreciate your comment here! I did receive some e-mail advice today and a couple of people suggested that maybe I should try to keep the Blogs shorter - not everyone has time to read through an entire topic in one day. One friend of mine liked the idea of introducing a topic and leaving a cliffhanger sort of ending to be continued over a couple of days. I am going to try that. Again, I thank you so much for your encouraging words. It's people like you that keep me wrting each day! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Blog!!! I honestly dont think you should change a thing. You speak very articulatly, but not in a boring way. You make it very interesting to read and i love it!

    ReplyDelete