Friday, February 25, 2011

Brussels Sprouts Rule; Tofu Drools...

A couple of days ago, I triple dog dared you to make a Tofu recipe that I hoped would help turn you on to what too many of you viewed as a not-too-appealing food.  It was Chocolate Tofu Pudding and I made it last night. (See photo and critique on the right column of my Blog).  I still want to hear what those of you who took the dare thought of it..  I maintain that with more chocolate, it could be "pretty" good....

The second least favorite of the 4 foods I listed in my "Does Anything in This Life Make Sense" post was Brussels Sprouts.  And I told you of a recipe that I would try this week that had been rated as one of the two best recipes in the magazine from which I got it.  Well, I made it and it was DELICIOUS!   Yup, that's it in the photo above.  It is called Crispy Topped Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower Gratin.  You can find it in the link for Cooking Light magazine if you scroll down under the photos on the right side of my Blog.  It is in the March 2011 issue.  O.K.  So it contains chopped bacon (was good with turkey bacon and I will try it with vegan bacon come Lent), and Parmesan cheese, sweet vidalia onion, and half 'n half.  But I have told you before - Brussels Sprouts sometimes need a little "dressing up" to be really good.  I highly recommend this recipe - you don't even have to tell your pickiest eaters that there are Brussels Sprouts in it.   And, yes, it is low-fat!

As for tofu, in all fairness, there really are some good recipes that incorporate it out there.  And again, come Lent, you'll be introduced to several of them. 

Until we meet again, happy and healthy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment