Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Redefining Food

Once upon a time (or until 9 years ago), I used to pretty much live to eat - with my favorite foods being anything deep fried, creamy, or sweet.  Now, due to circumstances that forced me to re-evaluate all my priorities, I eat to live.  Yes, I know that sounds cliche, but I learned the hard way that food is not just for pleasure.  I learned that our bodies are delicate mechanisms that require specific fuels to operate efficiently and at optimum capacity.  So I studied nutrition - and I mean really studied it and tried to "clean up my act".  At first, I made the same things all the time, restricting myself to the point where eating out was almost impossible and meals became boring.  This was not what I was looking for.  My quest was to find a diet that I could live with without giving up the pleasure behind eating.  It took a few years to fine-tune it, but achieving that goal has been so nice!  Sharing ideas with like-minded individuals and helping others to jump start their - oh I hate the word but have to use it - "diets" has now become part of who I am.  So, for 2011, I have decided to post tips for all of you who made that New Year resolution to eat better, lose weight, and gain control of your health.  Hope to hear from you along the way.   : )

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for starting this blog! I am looking forward to your tips!

    ReplyDelete