Monday, May 30, 2011

Now The Banquets Begin

My son's first year of Varsity baseball ended today with a disappointing 10 to 1 loss against undefeated South County High School.  No more games.  No more practices.  No more face buried in a scorebook keeping track of hits, runs, and outs.  My oldest son sang in his final high school concert last week.  For him, 4 years of performances have come to an end.   But we can not completely close the book on these activities - not yet.  Now, for both baseball and chorus, we have the "banquets."  Banquets where slide shows will attempt to summarize a year's worth of memories, where those who have performed especially well will be recognized, and where dinners will be served to satisfy today's varying palates.  I don't know what the menu will be for the baseball banquet yet, but for chorus it will be a choice between meat lasagna, vegetarian lasagna, and a chicken dish.  Something for everyone.  I like that...

At least for the next few weeks, when travel baseball will begin, most of our meals will be home-cooked once again.  I look forward to that.  I like the quality control and the maintaining of balance in our diet.  Also, this Thursday we will be receiving our first installment from our farm.  I CAN NOT WAIT!!  Tonight I am tired - it was close to 100 degrees on the ball field where our boys fought their last proverbial battle of the season.  I bid you all good night and, until next time, happy and healthy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment