Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Chorus Awards Banquet - The End of An Era For Us

For the past 4 years, our oldest son has been part of the Westfield High School choral program, the last 3 of them as a member of the Chambers Chorus.  We have been to every Fall Concert, "Christmas" performance, Spring Fling, and everything in between.  Tonight was the Chorus Awards Banquet - the last one for our son, who is a graduating senior.  And it was very well done.  Between awards, a soloist sang from each of the school's 4 choirs and each choir sang as a group.  That's the Chambers Chorus on the left - and they are unbelievably good.  Every time they perform, they are flawless.  Their voices blend beautifully, with crescendos and decrescendos that have given me goosebumps on many occasions.  I hope my son will continue to sing in college.  I hate to think that we are completely closing that chapter of our lives.  It's been a wonderful 4 years!

Dinner tonight was a choice of Mandarin chicken, meat lasagna, or veggie lasagna.  My men all had the Mandarin chicken, which really looked good.  I got the vegetable lasagna.  It was packed with perfectly cooked brocolli, spinach, and mushrooms, which were layered between noodles and at least 2 kinds of cheeses.  On the side, we were served Ceasar salad and a bread stick.  My men got a fried eggroll with their meal.  Dessert was a choice of 3 kinds of cake: white, chocolate, and carrot.  I got the carrot cake - my favorite kind of cake, hands down!  To drink we were served iced tea.  Not bad for a meal that was catered and fed a couple of hundred people.  I realize that my lasagna looks like mush in the photo below, but you have to trust me.  Although it did not quite hold its shape, it was delicious!



Tonight I will hit my pillow with a song in my heart.  I hope you do the same - it makes for sweet dreams.  Until next time, happy and healthy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment