Thursday, April 28, 2011

It's Show Time!

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat opened at my son's high school tonight.  What a terrific show!   I have come to expect great performances from these extremely talented students and tonight did not disappoint.  "Joseph"  is one of the best times you will have at the theater.  The songs are fun, catchy and represent several genres, from Western, Flower Power 60's Rock, and Elvis Presley, to Jamaican Reggae.   It is based on the story of Joseph from the 39th Chapter of the Book of Genesis, and the young man who played the title role was spectacular.  I always knew he could act - in both comedic and serious roles - but I never knew he could sing!   The dance numbers were choreographed by 2 of the performers and were of Broadway calibre.  There was no shortage of splits, lifts, somersaults, and pirouettes.  I was stunned by the all-around talent in this delightful production.  The photo on the left is the only one allowed this evening.  I call it the "Wall of Stars".  For those of you who know me, see if you can spot my son, who played the role of the Butler and did a lovely job, if I say so myself.  I don't know what your plans are this coming weekend, but I know where I will be - there are 3 performances left!
Until next time, God bless!  And if you are able to, sit back, relax, and enjoy the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment