Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Happy Day

Today was a wonderful day!  My oldest son, along with his good friend, represented France at their Model U.N. conference this weekend and, for the first time, they took the gavel!  They actually each got an engraved gavel (see photo above).  They have won best delegates before and have even received standing ovations for their often colorful and highly creative presentations, but this is the first time they won! 

My youngest son's team played an outstanding game of Varsity baseball and they also won - 9 to 1.  My son came in from playing left field as a clutch pitcher, pitched an inning, and allowed no runs.  He also had 3 at-bats and had 3 hits, one of them an RBI.  Their team, so far, is 5 and 0...

As for me and my husband, we decided to celebrate our sons' victories by going out to dinner.  We went to "Bonefish" for the first time this Lenten season and had such a nice dinner, we wondered why we had not gone there before!  I had their trout with a sampling of all their sauces except for the lemon butter one.  My husband had a delicious fish called Pompano covered with baby shrimp and scallops.  The vegetable of the day, which we both enjoyed, was chickpeas sauteed with spinach.  And we had a fun red wine called Menage a Trois, which is a California wine that is a combination of Zinfadel, Merlot, and Cabernet Sauvignon. 

Of course, I had to Oxi-clean the heck out of a white uniform before we could leave, which always proves to be an exercise in frustration.  It's pretty harsh on the hands.  Plus it takes two washes to get the pants to look halfway decent.  If anyone out there knows of an easier way to get grass and red dirt stains off of uniform pants, please let me know.  (We are not allowed to use bleach...).  Thanks! 

Well, that's it for tonight.  This one was a quickie!  Until tomorrow, happy and healthy eating!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to both your boys!

    Here's an article I just happened to see on CNN about cleaning bball uniforms...

    http://articles.cnn.com/2011-03-31/living/baseball.open.uniforms_1_stains-dirt-detergent?_s=PM:LIVING

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I'll let you know if it works. While we are at my son's spring break tournament, my husband and I have to wash team uniforms one night. Yikes!! 21 pairs of white pants...

    ReplyDelete