Monday, January 2, 2012

The Show Must Go On!

Tomorrow, after an almost 2 week break, my youngest son goes back to school and my husband returns to work.  Sigh.   Another holiday season is over.  I am leaving the decorations out for another week or two (or three) and the outdoor lights will stay lit until the 6th of January.  But in all other respects, the holiday is over.  I'm not really into making "resolutions".  I don't believe in making promises I can't keep.  But I do have expectations for 2012. 
First of all, I want snow.  Lots of it.  2 years ago we had 38 inches.  A repeat of that performance would be nice.  Snow has a nice way of slowing down the pace of things and letting us catch our breath when things get too hectic. 

I plan to join our CSA again and hope that this year's crops will be at least as impressive as last year's.  Kale, Swiss Chard, and Collards will start off the season and I look forward to them in a way that surprises the heck out of me.  I will try new recipes and share them with you all.   

I hope to see Westfield's baseball team take States.  I hope this will be the best year yet for both my boys, with as few frustrations as possible and with lots of good news.  I wish my husband happy days at work, with much success in spite of the economy. 

And I hope you all have a happy and healthy 2012.  

No comments:

Post a Comment